- What is SculpSure?
- SculpSure is the first laser treatment that is FDA approved for fat lipolysis in the abdominal and flank areas. Because the treatment is laser based, it’s completely non-invasive. While liposuction remains a highly effective way to remove extra fat from the body, it’s a surgical procedure that some patients would prefer to avoid. SculpSure offers a non-surgical alternative that can help people eliminate the stubborn fat pockets that are unchanged by diet and exercise.
- How does SculpSure work?
- There is a total of 4 flat applicators that are attached to the patient’s trouble spots on the abdomen and flanks, which includes problem areas like muffin tops and love handles. SculpSure uses a hyperthermic approach to fat reduction. Through the applicators, the SculpSure laser sends specific light wavelengths to heat up the adipose tissue. This heat effectively melts the fat cells, which destroys them completely. The entire procedure takes only 25 minutes. Although the procedure is short, the liquefied fat takes some time to exit the body. Over the next 6-12 weeks, the body will naturally eliminate the fat.
- How much fat can be removed through SculpSure treatment?
- SculpSure can reduce fat by as much as 24% per treatment area. Further treatments can give even better results.
- Who is a good SculpSure candidate?
- SculpSure treatment is typically best suited for people who are at, or close to, their ideal weight. SculpSure can be ideal for people who are left with stubborn pockets of fat in areas like the muffin top and the love handles, even after they’ve lost weight and worked hard to tone their body. Some areas of fat just don’t respond to diet and exercise, and SculpSure is often an excellent solution for people who are struggling with that. SculpSure isn’t ideal for people who need to lose a significant amount of weight, as it’s not designed for weight loss but rather for fat loss in specific areas. Good SculpSure candidates will have excellent or good skin tone and elasticity, as the skin will need to be flexible enough to adjust to the absence of the fat pocket.